RE: [j-nsp] Ddos prevention based on traffic sampling...

From: Stephen Gill (gillsr@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 19:59:23 EST

What kind of threshold capability are you referring to? If you can
define it in a firewall filter, then you should be able to rate-limit.
Take a look at a rate limiting examples for multicast, icmp, and UDP on
page 12 of the JUNOS Secure Template at:
http://www.qorbit.net/documents/junos-template.pdf

Your main tools to work with are bandwidth, and burst size.

Page 144 of the JUNOS 5.1 Policy manual also gives a good example on
rate-limiting inbound TCP SYNs, though I do not have the URL for that in
front of me at the moment.

Cheers,
-- steve