Re: [j-nsp] Cisco equivilant to an M5?

From: Niels Bakker (niels=juniper-nsp@bakker.net)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 21:02:47 EST

* andyh@verio.net (Andy Harding) [Thu 06 Dec 2001, 23:15 CET]:
>> The M5 can be stuffed with 48 of them you'll still be able to run
>> them all at full capacity.
> this card over-subscribes the backplane - juniper themselves readily
> admit this
>
> you can't run all these ports full-rate

Good point. I should've done the math myself, too...

Are they making a two-port GigE PIC yet? Those are handy in redundant
setups, where you use either one of them at any time. Doesn't seem like
it - my employer at that time going bankrupt probably didn't add to the
credibility of the request. :-)

Cheers,

        -- Niels.