[j-nsp] 2547bis dual-homed CE

From: Dmitri Kalintsev (dek@hades.uz)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 19:47:26 EST

Hi good people,

Picture 2 PEs, both in the same POP. Now picture two CEs, both connected to
both PEs with p-t-p links, say, GigE x-over with /30 or /31 mask. Both CEs are
part of the same say VRF#10 on both PEs. Now picture that CEs talk OSPF to
VRF#10 inside PEs and tell them about customer networks behind them. Now PE1
imports these OSPF routes into VPN_IPv4.rib and then advertises them to PE2
(and to the rest of iBGP mesh members).

Now question: what configuration is required on PE1/PE2 to prevent PE2 from
importing these routes back into VRF#10 OSPF domain? I know about SOO
attribute, is it "the" silver bullet for this case? If yes, could you please
show me relevant commands required to configure this, for both PE1 and PE2,
please? (I understand that SOO is optional, and thus is not used by default).

Thanks,

--
 CCNP, CCDP (R&S)                          Dmitri E. Kalintsev
 CDPlayer@irc               Network Architect @ connect.com.au