Re: [j-nsp] 2547bis dual-homed CE

From: Rich Salaiz (rsalaiz@juniper.net)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 01:12:38 EST

Dmitri --

I don't think site of origin (SOO) is what you are looking for if the PE-CE
connections are all OSPF. SOO is an extended community type that
is used for a corner case where PE-CEs are talking BGP, CE's are interconnected
as well as being dual-homed, other CEs are connected to other PEs and all
of the CEs are using the same AS number. You would need SOO in this
corner case scenario because you would be overriding the AS loop detection
mechanisms by using AS-override or AS loops, and need some other tag
to use in filtering out the routes sourced by your site (by another CE) so you
don't inadvertently accept them.

I think what you might be looking for is OSPF domain ID. Here is a link
describing what that does ...

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos51/swconfig51-vpns/html/vpn-config19.html#1015372

-rich