[j-nsp] IS-IS instance issue

From: D J E (will_route_for_food@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 27 2001 - 20:13:32 EST

I'm trying to duplicate the IS-IS instance
configuration found in Juniper's 5.1 docs:
http://juniper/techpubs/software/junos51/swconfig51-routing/html/instance-config4.html

I have no problems getting the IS-IS adjacencies to
form between routers 1, 2, and 3. I cannot, however,
get anything to form between any of the sites (A,B,C,
or D) and their respective connections to the
backbone. I have duplicated the configurations for
routers 1 and 3 from the documentation to the letter.
Each of the sites has a standard IS-IS configuration.
For instance, I can tcpdump on router 1's interface
connected to Site A, and can see the IS-IS Hello's
coming into the interface, but there are no IS-IS
packets being sent out the interface back towards Site
A.

I have never set up routing instances before, so I'm
getting pretty frustrated that it's not working. Any
help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.