[j-nsp] RSVP vs LDP

From: Mark M. Forest (milo279@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 27 2001 - 16:46:01 EST

I am setting up some LSP's in a lab scenario and found a few interesting
things I would like to run across this list.

First is when creating static LSP, they do not show up when issuing 'show
mpls lsp' command. I assume this works only for dynamically configured
LSP's.

Second, which leads to third, when creating LDP established LSP's when
issueing the 'show mpls lsp' command I only actually see RSVP established
LSP's. But I notice when using LDP that it actually creates and LSP for each
route in inet.0.

Third, when creating RSVP established LSP's I see them by issuing the 'show
mpls lsp' command no problem. But unlike LDP it seems I must specify each
egress router. It seems to me that when using RSVP to establish the LSP I
must still manually define certain characteristics of each LSP. Is there a
method to have RSVP establish LSP's for each of the destination networks in
the IGP table, without having to specify each and every egress router?

Comments on each of these is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help folks!!!

milo