Re: [j-nsp] cdp equivalent

From: Jesper Skriver (jesper@skriver.dk)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 10:57:57 EST

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 10:45:46AM -0500, Jared Mauch wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 09:57:40AM -0500, anthracite blond wrote:
> > On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Matt Mayes wrote:
> > > I have lab environment with several cisco and juniper boxes. Does anyone
> > > know if there exists a juniper equivalent of cdp? If so, can you point me
> > > to some documentation.
> > >

> > If you're using Sonet links, both Cisco and Juniper devices will transmit
> > basic device information (hostname, port name and IP address (Cisco only))
> > using the path trace field.
> >
> > Use "show controller" or "show interfaces extensive."
>
> on cisco you should be able to do "sh int pos1/1 detail"
> in recent versions.

Which are those, I just tried it on a router in our lab running
12.0(20.3)ST1, it doesn't come much newer ...

testnxg2#sh int po 2/0 detail

testnxg2#

This is a STM-4 POS interface connected to an other GSR.

> but if you are using SDH the path trace is much shorter
> so watch out as it will not have nearly as much information.

/Jesper

Work:    Network manager   @ AS3292 (Tele Danmark DataNetworks)
Private: FreeBSD committer @ AS2109 (A much smaller network ;-)

One Unix to rule them all, One Resolver to find them, One IP to bring them all and in the zone to bind them.