[j-nsp] unexpected results of traffic sampling

From: Przemyslaw Karwasiecki (karwas@ifxcorp.com)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 19:26:33 EST

All,

I am trying to setup cflowd collecting flows info from
sampled traffic on one of our M20.

Everything is working fine, but I don't understand how it is
possible that despite of sampling only every 100th packets
I see a lot of records about complete flows with more then
a single packet.

For me, it would imply that Juniper is actually sampling all
packets in selected flows, which seems to be in a contradiction to
"rate 100" parameter.

Is there any mechanism implemented in Internet Processor II
which is identifying all packets in the flow and sending them
to Route Engine?

How otherwise it is possible for /usr/sbin/sampled to see all
packets from a single flow?

I would appreciate any explanation of this,

Thank you

Przemek

PS.
This is my configuration