[j-nsp] Carrier's carrier MPLS VPN

From: fraanro (fraanro@arrakis.es)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 11:55:24 EST

Hi all,

  I see from the 5.2 documentation how should Carrier's carrier VPNs
configured but I was trying to do the comparison with how Cisco
supports them.
  In Cisco carrier's carrier simply means enabling LDP on the PE-CE
interfaces. That way, routes in the vrf which have a VPN label received
through MP-BGP are assigned a label and advertised via LDP to the CE.
  In the Juniper docs it just says that MPLS is enabled in the CE, but
in the config examples there is nowhere saying
  protocols
    ldp
      interface (interface to PE)

  and the same in the PE. On the other hand, the only command to
configure this arquitecture is the "labeled-unicast".
  Can someone tell me what exactly this command does, and in general,
how does Juniper implement carrier's carrier, that is, does it use LDP
for PE-CE label advertising, can the CE be non-Juniper in this case?,
must the PE-CE protocol be BGP? (in Cisco it is not necessary)

  Thanks in advance.
  Javier.