RE: [j-nsp] exception packet handling

From: Stephen Gill (gillsr@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 23:04:51 EST

Per "The Complete Reference", page 35, the 603e PowerPC processor on the
PFE control board(FeB,SsB,ScB,SfM) handles:
 - ICMP unreachables such as TTL expired
 - Rate limiting traffic over fxp1 to RE
 - Exchange control traffic w/ RE

Per page 12, exception packets sent to the RE include network control
and local delivery:
 - Routing protocols
 - Local Delivery (ie. ftp, ssh, telnet, dns, ntp, radius, tacacs,
etc...)
 - Packets with IP options

-- steve