RE: show bgp summary "fucked up" after setting up IPv6 BGP sessio ns

From: Guy Davies (Guy.Davies@telindus.co.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 04:19:10 EST

Hi Peter,

This has been the case for a while. Basically, as soon as you use
MBGP (for multicast, MPLS-BGP-VPNs or, as in your case, IPv6). It's
done because it's possible to have more than one type of NLRI in a
single session so, in that case, you have more than one "subsequent"
line with vpnv4 routes, inet.0 routes, inet6.0 routes, etc.

I, too, found it difficult at first and it certainly makes the show
bgp summary output much longer but it's probably the best solution to
the problem of multiple NLRI types on a single session.

Regards,

Guy

This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended
recipient only. If misdirected, please notify us by telephone and confirm
that it has been deleted from your system and any copies destroyed. If you
are not the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using,
printing, copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any
information contained in it. We use reasonable endeavors to virus scan all
e-mails leaving the Company but no warranty is given that this e-mail and
any attachments are virus free. You should undertake your own virus
checking. The right to monitor e-mail communications through our network is
reserved by us.