[j-nsp] traceroute & L3VPN

From: Mourad BERKANE (mourad.berkane@lambdanet.fr)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 04:28:02 EST

Hi folks ,

Consider the following platform where we do a traceroute from CE1 to CE2
over a L3VPN network :

CE1 -------------- PE1--------------P--------------PE2--------------CE2

CE1 and CE2 are in the same VPN ( private network 10.0.0.0/24 )
There is a VRF on PE1 and PE2 , P router is a MPLS router and is not aware
of these VRF.

Result of the traceroute

CE1> traceroute CE2

1. PE1 with IP address of the PE1/CE1 link
2. PE2 with IP address of P/PE2 link
3. CE2 with destination IP

I would like not to show the second step : P/PE2 address .

Is there a workaround for this ?
Does JUNIPER have an equivalent of the CISCO function " mpls ip ttl ... "
used when we would like to don't show the MPLS backbone network ?

Best Regards