Re: ssh on JunOs 4.2 / XCompiler

From: Jared Mauch (jared@puck.nether.net)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 16:41:13 EST

On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 12:27:49PM -0900, Aaron Dewell wrote:

> Actually, I believe it's because the other vendor uses single DES encryption,
> which is about as good as telnet for security...

        This is for 3DES/SSH images:

--- snip ---
Team,

Briefly, Cisco has obtained authority to deliver Cisco strong encryption
solutions to a wide variety of end-users and destinations without having to
apply for individual licenses. Many of Cisco's strong encryption solutions
have undergone one-time-review by the U.S. Government and qualify for
license exception "ENC" (15 CFR Part 740.17). Customers must comply with
the conditions defined therein. For additional guidance, please visit the
U.S. Bureau of Export Administration's website on Commercial Encryption
Export Controls.

COMMERCIAL/ CIVILIAN - STRONG ENCRYPTION
Cisco may deliver Cisco strong encryption solutions to civilian/commercial
end-users located in all territories except:

Afghanistan (Taliban Controlled), Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya,
Montenegro, North Korea, Serbia, Sudan, and Syria

without obtaining a U.S. export license.
--- snip ---

        The rules for government and other export are different. Once
again, consult your legal counsel for correct export related information
to insure that you don't spend the rest of your life in jail.

        - Jared

> Aaron
>
> On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Rubens Kuhl Jr. wrote:
> > This is one thing international customers would like to get... today, it's
> > possible to get SSH/3DES versions from "that other vendor" because they
> > pursued the appropriate licences from US authorities.
> >
> > As Juniper expands into non-US markets, attention to such details is
> > important.
> >

> > Rubens Kuhl Jr.

END OF LINE  | Manager of IP networks built within my own home