Re: Secondhand, Offlease, Etc.

From: Avi Freedman (avi@freedman.net)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 00:02:11 EST

Sigh, reminds me of when Sun used to landfill old 3/50s they took in
trade instead of doing something useful for nonprofits.

This is different, of course.

So Juniper has a "use m5s instead of 7206s" program and Cisco has
the "Juniper buyback". I guess we all benefit from this somehow?

Anyway, on-topic:

My understanding of the "packet reordering" issue is that Juniper
claims that it can (not will) only happen if there's only one
flow going across the whole router. Is this essentially correct?

Thanks,

Avi