Re: [j-nsp] OC-192 Perf issues with ACL's

From: Greg Ketell (gketell@juniper.net)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 14:00:10 EST

Well, if you'll believe a Juniper person...

This is FUD. The filtering is done by the Internet Processor 2 ASIC and is
therefore independent of specific interface type. One IP2 can handle up to
2 OC192s at rate. There are 4 IP2s in the M160.

Now, you can of course construct really really bad access lists that will
break any kind of tree look up and if you do this (as competitors might)
then performance sucks. If on the other hand you use *real* filters (even
several 100s of terms long) it works at line rate.

GK