Multicast configuration on fully meshed atm network

From: Paul Nazario (nazario@doit.wisc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 14:16:01 EST

Hello,

My first posting to this comes as a multicast configuration question.

I'm evaluating a Juniper router. It will be in a full atm mesh with 5
other Cisco routers.

I'm trying to figure out how to configure this. I haven't been able to get
PIM up and running
between the Juniper and the Ciscos and the juniper docs state that atm vcs
are for unicast only.

The interface on the Juniper is defined as a multipoint interface. I've
looked at the multicast-vci
statement but there is only one supported per subinterface/unit on the ATM
card.

I've got a case open with JTAC and they've been very responsive but I
wanted to throw it out to this list to see what other ideas are out there.

Thanks
Paul