RE: [j-nsp] AW: Juniper Config for Peering-points

From: Morgan, Richard (rmorgan@orchestream.com)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 04:40:24 EST

Out of interest do bgp peers get compiled and optimised like firewall
filters?

The below is logically equivalant to the original my-peering-group, but is
it as efficient on memory etc ?

 group my-peering-group-2 {
             type external;
             description "Exchangepoint somewhere";
             local-address 1.2.3.4;
             import something;
             export something-else;
             peer-as 1002;
             neighbor 1.2.3.6;
             }
 }

 group my-peering-group-2 {
             type external;
             description "Exchangepoint somewhere";
             local-address 1.2.3.4;
             import something;
             export something-else;
             peer-as 1001;
             neighbor 1.2.3.5;
 }

--
This communication contains confidential information intended solely for the use of the individual/s and/or entity or entities to whom it was intended to be addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this transmission is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately, delete this communication from your system, and do not disclose its contents to any third party, or use its contents.  Any opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Orchestream Ltd or its group of companies unless otherwise specifically stated.