Re: Juniper as egress LSR: to penultimate hop pop, or not?

From: Jesper Skriver (jesper@skriver.dk)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 15:54:50 EDT

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 12:51:17PM -0700, Robert Raszuk wrote:

> Jesper,
>
> > Much harder to control on a per-LSP basis, especially when talking about
> > LDP/TDP controlled LSP's.
>
> Let's don't mix different things here :).

No.

> I was assuming that the entire
> conversation is reg the TE-LSPs only. The LDP/TDP LSPs have quite
> different characteritics reg exp/imp-null treatment of received labels
> at PHP (at least in cisco's) comparing to TE-LSPs.
>
> Anyhow I agree in LDP LSPs (or prefix based LSPs) the knob would be
> usefull per int.

I find it much more important for LDP controlled LSP's than for
TE-LSP's, as this will ensure a label with EXP bit's on all hops within
the network.

/Jesper

Work:    Network manager   @ AS3292 (Tele Danmark DataNetworks)
Private: FreeBSD committer @ AS2109 (A much smaller network ;-)

One Unix to rule them all, One Resolver to find them, One IP to bring them all and in the zone to bind them.