RE: [j-nsp] voting for enhancements ? was -- RE: Ping VRRP virtua l IP address

From: Kremer, Gert (Gert.Kremer@kpnqwest.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 02:38:24 EDT

Hi Guys,

We've also bumped into the can't ping the shared IP address when it's failed
over and got the answer that it is all implemented in accordance with the
RFC. We'd really like to have this 'fixed'. The RFC is very unclear on this
and it does cause problems in the operational space.

Most other vendors seem to have found a wy to fix this without breaking the
intended purpose of the protocol and without having it to go through the
IETF again (and call it things like FSRP, enhanced VRRP, etc.).

Regards,

Gert Kremer
Senior Network Architect
KPNQwest