RE: [j-nsp] voting for enhancements ? was -- RE: Ping VRRP virtua l IP address

From: Brown, Mike (Mike.Brown@CoreExpress.net)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 00:43:50 EDT

Greg,

I suspect most customers don't ask for features that would be helpful and
only request mandatory functionality. If this is correct then another form
of feedback to Juniper product management would be useful for prioritizing
"helpful" features.

We recently proposed to our account team that Juniper provide a secondary
source of customer feedback using a form of popularity voting. There would
be a "popularity" vote for low priority feature requests. The goal is to
move some of the low priority requests into the implementation category.
This would allow the account team to show customers a list of all low
priority feature requests versus the current system where you know what all
the requests are but I don't.

I suspect the VRRP issue would have been addressed earlier if this
popularity system were in place. We raised the VRRP issue quite a while ago
(8 months?). For this issue, we managed to find a work around so we didn't
need to escalate the request (we agreed to disagree about whether the
current behavior is a bug).

Regards,
Mike