Re: [j-nsp] Tunnel PIC

From: nicholas harteau (nrh@ikami.com)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 09:19:46 EDT

I have successfully created IPIP/GRE tunnels on Junipers without the
Tunnel PIC, I think it's just aimed at high-bandwidth applications.
Without it you'd be limited to the 100mbits between the RE and the PFE
or whatever, not only that but it's a bad idea to tax the RE's bandwidth
and/or cpu.

It's entirely possible that some features or even the whole shebang have
been disabled in software since the last time I tried to make customers
buy the tunnel services PIC.

--
nicholas harteau
nrh@ikami.com