RE: [j-nsp] ISIS metric question

From: Pegg Damon (Damon.Pegg@carrier1.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 05:46:31 EDT

The Cisco default metric is 10, and although you can argue whether or not
this is really necessary for a loopback interface, its only relevant if you
do say 'sh ip ro' for a hostname who's dns entry is the loopback address -
then you get 10 added to the actual metric to reach the box. As far as I
can tell this is the same on Juniper, not different. Of course, if you use
a loopback as source for load-balancing two or more circuits you may want to
explicitly zero the loopback metric.

damon.