Re: ssh on JunOs 4.2 / XCompiler

From: Jared Mauch (jared@puck.nether.net)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 16:10:31 EST

On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 12:54:43PM -0800, Greg Ketell wrote:
> At 08:49 PM 2/1/2001 +0100, Arnd Vehling wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >i am currently responsible for some Juniper boxes for
> >a client of mine got 2 questions.
> >
> >- I enabled telnet, ssh and ftp but only telnet and
> > ftp works, ssh doesnt. Is there a problem with JunOs 4.2
> > and ssh? Any tips?
>
> SSH is only on the export-controlled version of Junos. Based on your email
> address I would bet you have the WorldWide version that does not have ssh
> (it *is* a munition, after all (yeah right)).

        Cisco does allow export of their -k4- images.

        I am not sure what the Juniper export policy is, i'm sure
that you can get information about that. (You can ask cisco your
export questions @ export@cisco.com fyi.. that's how I got the word
on the export.. there are restrictions, and I am not an export lawyer
so you should consult Cisco and your legal reps to get all the
details as far as their export).

> >- Is there a crosscompiler available for linux/bsd so i can
> > compile programms like "less" and others to run on the bsd
> > JunOs boxes?
>
> Nope, and if there was and you loaded some none-standard software you would
> immediately void your support contract. "Just say no!"

        How nice,

        - Jared

END OF LINE  | Manager of IP networks built within my own home