Re: ssh on JunOs 4.2 / XCompiler

From: Greg Ketell (gketell@juniper.net)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 16:29:39 EST

At 04:10 PM 2/1/2001 -0500, Jared Mauch wrote:

> How nice,

If you had a Ferrari and you added aftermarket software onto the main
computer and it stopped running where would you go for support?

These are Routers, not PCs. Treat them just as you would the "other
companies" routers (where you can't load anything) and all will work Really
Well. Load weird stuff and they may stop routing. We can't be
sure. Therefore, we have to say "if it isn't juniper software, remove it".

In all honesty, our tech support guys are more forgiving than I am so would
probably help you remove the non-juniper code. (;->)

GK