Re: ssh on JunOs 4.2 / XCompiler

From: Arnd Vehling (av@nethead.de)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 16:58:30 EST

Greg Ketell wrote:

> At 04:10 PM 2/1/2001 -0500, Jared Mauch wrote:
>
> > How nice,
>
> These are Routers, not PCs.

looks pretty much like a pc while booting though :)

> Treat them just as you would the "other
> companies" routers (where you can't load anything) and all will work Really
> Well. Load weird stuff and they may stop routing. We can't be
> sure. Therefore, we have to say "if it isn't juniper software, remove it".

I can sure understand this but if i want to install something which is
missing, like ssh and i know i loose warranty and i still want it, wheres
the problem?

I got this choice with every other product i buy, why doesnt juniper
offer me this choice?

  Arnd

--

NetHead Network Design and Security Arnd Vehling av@nethead.De Gummersbacherstr. 27 Phone: +49 221 8809210 50679 Köln Fax : +49 221 8809212