I am fairly new to Sysmon, and I very content with it,
but I have a few questions, and a few comments:
- I could not find anything about a history file, it is not possible to
would like to be able to tell people (next day or week) that between ..
the device was down, or was up
- dependency, I would like to have an OR dependency:
device A must be polled only if device B OR device C is running or both
at the moment it is a AND dependency (is it?)
- what exactly means the column "Last Outage"
it looks like the time elapsed since last time device came up
is it not better to have the time elapsed since device went down?
- what exactly means the column "Count"
it is not incremented after every polling round
but when is it then?
- in the column "Notified" it says YES, but there is no mail sent
because I have it not yet configured. Does this column say
YES when it has reached the value of "numfailures"?
- what is the calculation made for the "Uptime" column?
- what is exactly the text in the column "Status", so far I have seen:
up, down, conn timed out, not pingable. What is the difference?
- I have changed the colors, but whatever I enter as the value for
upcolor, recentcolor or downcolor I always get an error message:
"sysmond in free(): warning: junk pointer, too low to make sense"
but the colors are there as I want them.
- I have one device which is always UP (Hub) and it is also reported
UP by sysmon (green, 100%), but in the column "Time failed" there
is a time recorded, how is that possible?
thanks in advance for any answers!
Het Muziektheater, Amsterdam
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Sun Aug 04 2002 - 04:14:07 EDT