[alcatel-nsp] Switchport Rate limiting

Dan Snyder snyder at fusion-networks.com
Wed Nov 5 17:40:24 EST 2008

On a 6850 you cannot rate limit on a per swichport basis.  From what I
understand there is a single broadcom chip that handles QoS for 24
ports.  A 24 port switch had one chip and a 48 port switch has two.

If you know the source IP you can rate-limit on this...the only thing
is that it will rate-limit all traffic going through the switch with
that source address.  I have the config for doing this somewhere...I
will post it if you think that it will help you.

-Dan