[alcatel-nsp] Automate SAM Provisioning through text/csv?

SMITH Anton Anton.Smith at alcatel-lucent.com
Fri Aug 7 03:34:00 EDT 2009

Hi Rick,

You could also indeed do this using SAM-O. The SAM-O interface should
allow you to do anything that SAM can do (or anything that you can do on
CLI for that matter).

SAM-O can be used when you have some external system (e.g. an OSS, an
external script, etc) that is responsible for making automatic changes.
Interfacing with SAM-O from a script with XML should be much nicer than
writing expect style CLI scripts. Although normally when SAM-O is used
it is because there is a lot of automated work going on in the upper
layer that needs to be pushed to the nodes.

Regards,
Anton