[alcatel-nsp] Automate SAM Provisioning through text/csv?

GARCIA DEL RIO Diego Diego.Garcia_Del_Rio at alcatel-lucent.be
Sat Aug 8 11:44:11 EDT 2009

Just to add some comments,

SAM will always pick up the changes done in CLI, so it will update its
own database accordingly (the node generates an SNMP trap for every
change and SAM follows on).

As for a change in a policy, what will happen is that as soon as you
modify the policy in the node, SAM will notice that the node is no
longer "in synch" for that particular policy. Only if you initiate a
"push" again from SAM will the policy in the node be overwritten. The
only way SAM will take the change on the policy and set it as the
"golden" one is if you manually open the policy window in SAM and tell
it to synch it from a particular node.

It will never push policies without you specifically asking it to do so.

As for the reference documentation, it is always available at the server
and you can access the whole API documentation directly from the help
menu in the SAM client.

Finally, if you have SAM 6 or onwards, the script editor (for service
templates and so on) provides a very nice way of simplifying the input
screens a lot and also shows the underlying xml script.

Cheers

Diego Garcia del Rio
New Product Introduction - Network Design Engineer
IP Division
Alcatel-Lucent - Antwerpen
Mobile: +32 4734 30 245
OnNET 2 605 3871
Phone (+32) 3 2403871
e-mail diego.garcia_del_rio at alcatel-lucent.com

<<
protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should
message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited
without the prior consent of its author.