[alcatel-nsp] Question about Service QoS Policies on 7750SR

Mark Griffin Mark.Griffin at hawaiiantel.com
Fri Feb 13 17:30:42 EST 2009

Hi Kila,

There are two approaches I know of to make SAPs on a common port share a
bandwidth pool.  The most common one is to use a multi-service site
policy.  It allows you to tie all the common SAPs to a scheduler.  It's
used in the Triple Play model and it can be used for business services
to allow two services to share a common virtual pipe.  The disadvantage
is it is provisioned under the customer construct so it might not be
ideal for a business model that uses separate customer entities.  Below
is an example of using it in a business service model to create a 10mb
virtual pipe that has one SAP to a VPLS service and another SAP used to
terminate to an internet service.

customer 2500 create

            multi-service-site "VPLS+Internet" create

                assignment port 1/2/2

                ingress

                    scheduler-policy "10mb-SHAPING"

                exit

                egress

                    scheduler-policy "10mb-SHAPING"

                exit

            exit

            description "QoS test"

        exit

 scheduler-policy "10mb-SHAPING" create

            description "10mb-BUSINESS-CLASS-SCHEDULER"

            tier 1

                scheduler "root-parent" create

                    rate 10000 cir 2000

                exit

            exit

        exit

sap 1/2/2:100 create

                multi-service-site "VPLS+Internet"

                ingress

                    qos 2500

                exit

                egress

                    qos 2500

                exit

            exit

The other thing you can do is use a port scheduler.  From my
understanding this allows SAPs to share a parent that has its own levels
and rates.   Down side to this one is it is only on egress and I don't
think you can use it in tandem with a hierarchal scheduler.

port-scheduler-policy "port-test" create

            level 1 rate max cir 20000

            level 6 rate 10000 cir 10000

 sap-egress 2003 create

            queue 1 create