[alcatel-nsp] iBGP-multipath configuration

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Tue Apr 27 15:54:02 EDT 2010

--- luthfis_mail at yahoo.com wrote:
From: Luthfi Akbar <luthfis_mail at yahoo.com>

Does anyone knows about ibgp-multipath configuration on 7750SR. The idea is I want to load share VPRN traffic within MPBGP cloud, and there are 2 objectives :

 a. All VPRN (VRFs) will use ibgp-multipath
 b. Only few VPRN (not all) will use ibgp-multipath

I've tried using command ibgp-multipath on global context and ecmp 2 on service VPRN context but still cannot get load balance result.

If you get an off-list answer could you share it with the list?  That way the archives have the answer for folks looking it up in the future as well as the list members learn something.

I don't have an answer for you, but as I was looking through the "Routing Protocols Guide" (page 542) I saw this: ibgp-multipath load-balance.

If anyone else finds ibgp-multipath details in one of the 7750 guides could you share with the group?

Thanks,
scott