[alcatel-nsp] unbalanced traffic on GigEs in a LAG

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 22:10:43 EST 2010

If your best path for the majority of VPRN routes is one exit router (next-hop), all of that traffic will only take one physical link due the routes using the same VPN label.

8.0 supports entropy labels, where the PE uses a hash based on the incoming IPv4 src/dst to create a new bottom of stack label.  ALU uses a reserved set of labels 512k-1M so when the label hits the egress PE it knows it is an entropy label.   It's meant to solve the problem you are seeing, but it requires 8.0 and chassis-mode C (all IOM-2s).

Phil