[alcatel-nsp] Omniswitch traffic shaping

Adam Armstrong lists at memetic.org
Tue Jun 14 10:08:33 EDT 2011

Hi All,

Could someone please explain to me how to make an Omniswitch (in this
case a 6400) traffic-shape an individual port to a specific rate?

I've tried :

policy condition C_I source port 1/13
policy condition C_E destination port 1/13
policy action A_I maximum bandwidth 2.00M maximum depth 1.00M
policy action A_E maximum bandwidth 20.00M maximum depth 10.00M
policy rule R_I condition C_I action A_I
policy rule R_E condition C_E action A_E
qos apply

But it doesn't seem to do anything to the traffic on the port

How would one do the same thing but for a single VLAN on that port?

Thanks,
adam.