[alcatel-nsp] Omniswitch traffic shaping

Adam Armstrong lists at memetic.org
Tue Jun 14 11:53:59 EDT 2011

On 14/06/2011 15:08, Adam Armstrong wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Could someone please explain to me how to make an Omniswitch (in this
> case a 6400) traffic-shape an individual port to a specific rate?
>
> I've tried :
>
> policy condition C_I source port 1/13
> policy condition C_E destination port 1/13
> policy action A_I maximum bandwidth 2.00M maximum depth 1.00M
> policy action A_E maximum bandwidth 20.00M maximum depth 10.00M
> policy rule R_I condition C_I action A_I
> policy rule R_E condition C_E action A_E
> qos apply

Hi All,

For reference, this eventually worked:

policy condition port_13_ingress source port 1/13
policy action port_13_ingress_limit maximum bandwidth 2.00M maximum
depth 512.00K
policy rule port_13_ingress_rule condition port_13_ingress action
port_13_ingress_limit
qos apply

policy condition port_13_egress destination port 1/13
policy action port_13_egress_limit maximum bandwidth 20.00M maximum
depth 5.00M
policy rule port_13_egress_rule condition port_13_egress action
port_13_egress_limit
qos apply

Don't ask me what the difference is. These switches seem very, very
temperamental.

adam.