[alcatel-nsp] ISAM 7360 GPON Provisioning

Sexton, Shane sextonws at epb.net
Mon Sep 11 16:25:44 EDT 2017

Philip,

We utilize the 5529 Access Provisioning Center (APC) that is part of 5520
AMS. It offers a SOAP interface for templating services. It is fully
integrated with our computer aided dispatch system to allow for plant
inventory to be associated with premise information. We do just in time
activation based off of our billing and facility management systems as
orders move through the activation workflow.

One issue that happens fairly often in our deployment is that ONTs are
connected to the wrong splitter lead in our cabinets, and thus the ONT
appears on another OLT. We use the alarm raised by the OLT for new
unconfigured equipment to determine that the ONT that was scanned onto a
premise is appearing on the wrong circuit (PON) and then notify our
outside plant technician of the mistake. This alarm is raised very quickly
since we are doing immediate provisioning based off of the equipment scan.

This was heavy to implement as you put it. We actually deployed the 7342
chassis first and then moved to 7360 after years of deployment of GPON. We
have deployed NG-PON2 on the 7360 as well for 10Gbps services.

Shane

On 9/11/17, 3:48 AM, "alcatel-nsp on behalf of Philip Olsson"
<alcatel-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net on behalf of philip at teleservice.net>