[alcatel-nsp] ISAM 7360 GPON Provisioning

Philip Olsson philip at teleservice.net
Tue Sep 12 03:15:04 EDT 2017

> Shane wrote:
> We utilize the 5529 Access Provisioning Center (APC) that is part of 5520
> AMS. It offers a SOAP interface for templating services. It is fully integrated
> with our computer aided dispatch system to allow for plant inventory to be
> associated with premise information. We do just in time activation based off
> of our billing and facility management systems as orders move through the
> activation workflow.

Did you try to do the provisioning backend yourself first or did you go with APC/AMS from the beginning? APC/AMS might be a bit cost prohibitive for us, but we are pricing different options such as 'AMS-in-the-cloud', even if that sounds non desirable.

> One issue that happens fairly often in our deployment is that ONTs are
> connected to the wrong splitter lead in our cabinets, and thus the ONT
> appears on another OLT. We use the alarm raised by the OLT for new
> unconfigured equipment to determine that the ONT that was scanned onto a
> premise is appearing on the wrong circuit (PON) and then notify our outside
> plant technician of the mistake. This alarm is raised very quickly since we are
> doing immediate provisioning based off of the equipment scan.

Yes, this is something I expect will happen.  The system really seems to want to know the exact location of ONTs.

> This was heavy to implement as you put it. We actually deployed the 7342
> chassis first and then moved to 7360 after years of deployment of GPON. We
> have deployed NG-PON2 on the 7360 as well for 10Gbps services.

Interesting, what is your main driver for NG-PON2? We are going GPON and I feel that 2.5G/1.25G should be plenty for residential applications. But perhaps you use PON for business also?

Regards,
Philip