[alcatel-nsp] BGP mutipath, load balance 7750

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Thu Mar 12 16:17:47 EDT 2020

--- dejan at karlsborgsenergi.se wrote:
From: Dejan Tepic <dejan at karlsborgsenergi.se>

I would like to try bgp-multipath 2 with ECMP 2 but
im not sure how to go about.
Looking in route table av vprn xx on R1 I see def.
route as tunnelled (BGP-VPN) coming from R2.
Do I enable this on both routers with same parametars
or do I need to add some special commands as
eibgp-multipath or ibgp-multipath

I will defer to the experts on this list, but I don't
think that will work like you expect.  AFAIK, there
will only be one default route installed in the route
table to one of the providers and all traffic would
use that link.

https://documentation.nokia.com/html/0_add-h-f/93-0074-HTML/7750_SR_OS_Routing_Protols_Guide/bgp.html

"If the best path can be installed in the route table
and there are other BGP paths (LOC-RIB routes) for
the same IPv4 or IPv6 prefix that are nearly as good
as the best path the additional paths can also be
installed in the route table. This is called
BGP-Multipath ..."

This part: "...and there are other BGP paths (LOC-RIB
routes) for the same IPv4 or IPv6 prefix that are
nearly as good..." seems to preclude the default route
as there is no prefix in there, unless the default
route is considered one by the router.

Not sure, though, so let's wait for the RGRGs. (Really
Good Routing Guys :)

scott