[a-nsp] Arista questions

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 03:25:00 EDT 2018

HI
I have couple of questions related to Arista 7280R and 7050X3 series
switches.

What convergence time (FIB) I can expect with 7280R series - DFZ with full
tables?
What convergence time (RIB) I can expect with 7280R series - DFZ with full
tables?
What maximum IPv4 FIB size is supported on 7280R boxes ?
Will 7280R or 7050SX3 supports Selective QinQ ?
Can I shape/police per VLAN traffic at trunk port on 7280R or 7050SX3 ?
Can I shape/police per VLAN in QinQ (e.g. matching S-VLAN and C-VLAN) on
7280R or 7050SX3 ?
Will 7280R right now supports control-plane protection like I can do on
Juniper MX series or Cisco ASR routers - we will be transit-provider then
we need to protect control plane in good fashion ?

Rob