[a-nsp] Arista questions

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 14:41:22 EDT 2018

> >Being a former JNPR SE, I can say this: 7280R converges FIB MUCH faster
> than Cisco or JNPR.

Cisco shows 10 seconds on NCS 5K which is awsome. It means that Jericho can
do programming very quick.

https://xrdocs.io/cloud-scale-networking/tutorials/ncs5500-fib-programming-speed/

I just tested RIB convergence time and it's far for being superb... Cisco
and JNPR is much faster here.
Running latest 4.20 and 4.21 releases.

>> Will 7280R right now supports control-plane protection like I can do on
> Juniper MX series or Cisco ASR routers - we will be transit-provider then
> we need to protect control plane in good fashion ?
> >>

> >7280R has control plane policing and acl, so pretty sure you have
> everything you need in EOS that you can achieve with “firewall” and
> “policers” in JUNOS.

Did you used it in production Transit provider network ? I heard due to
CoPP patent implementation on EOS is far for being superior.
I would like to read some experiences from transit providers.

Rob