[a-nsp] Arista questions

Robert Raszuk robert at raszuk.net
Mon Oct 8 04:34:23 EDT 2018

While it's great to have fast Producer -> RIB -> FIB propagation and
installation let me ask why does it really matter in practice ?

Wouldn't it be much better to pre-install backup paths in FIB ahead of any
failures ? For basic BGP PIC Core and Edge could be used, for more complex
topologies TI-LFA seems to be decent candidate. Especially on new platforms
where FIB sizes these days should have sufficient capacity and when some of
them even support native hierarchy ?

It always makes me wonder why so many folks still count on protocol
convergence and router "convergence" upon any bad event instead of just
applying few more lines of config and let protocols or for that matter
platforms converge peacefully ?

Kind regards,
R.