[a-nsp] VLAN in SNMP Interface Table

David Waldman dpwaldman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 19:47:59 EST 2019

Mike.  Arista 7280R/R2 and 7500R/R2 series can support per port/vlan
counters via Layer 2 subinterface (packets, bytes and rates).  The feature
TOI is here (the egress counter restriction is resolved in the latest EOS
release):
https://eos.arista.com/eos-4-21-1f/l2-sub-interfaces/

L2 subinterfaces are a different config model than a trunk interface
(benefiting from things like counters among others).  There are also scale
and feature interaction considerations (see TOI).  The counters are exposed
via SNMP as well.

There is also the ability to match vlan as part of a policy map for which
class matches can be counted (but this is ingress only with packet wise
counting):
https://eos.arista.com/eos-4-17-0f/per-port-per-vlan-qos/

There is of course sFlow for which many platforms support
aggressive sampling rates which may provide the granularity you require.

Regards.

david