[a-nsp] 7050SX MPLS ?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Tue Jan 26 13:35:30 EST 2021

On 1/26/21 19:03, Bryan Holloway wrote:

> Yeah, I've been bitten by that before ...
>
> While the SVI /30 is IP MTU 1500, the L2 MTU (for tagging, MPLS, etc.)
> is 9200.

Are you able to either:

     - Raise the MTU on the SVI, or
     - Run IP/MPLS on a/the physical port?

> Sounds like the 7050SX isn't hip enough to be a proper PE, which was
> my initial suspicion.

At the risk of starting a flame war, this is one of the intricacies
about Broadcom-based boxes that scares me about putting them in IP/MPLS
roles. Granted, this is such a basic requirement that it not working
probably points to a very early Broadcom chip, but hey...

Mark.