[a-nsp] 7050SX MPLS ?

Patrik Olsson darkiesan at me.com
Tue Jan 26 15:19:58 EST 2021

>     - Raise the MTU on the SVI, or
>     - Run IP/MPLS on a/the physical port?

Both should work.

>> Sounds like the 7050SX isn't hip enough to be a proper PE, which was my initial suspicion.
>
> At the risk of starting a flame war, this is one of the intricacies about Broadcom-based boxes that scares me about putting them in IP/MPLS roles. Granted, this is such a basic requirement that it not working probably points to a very early Broadcom chip, but hey...

Wouldnt go se generic as all broadcom chipsets. Jericho chipset (7280R/R2/R3) is a fully fledged chip which enables a platform to be used as MPLS PE for all VPN types.

But with Trident chipset (7050SX/SX2/SX3), I would stick to Martini circuits, it will work. But It wont handle L3VPN PE functionality.