NEED DOC'S ON: & knob for SX-73

John Kolb jlkolb at CTS.COM
Sun Aug 17 13:31:32 EDT 1997

On Sat, 16 Aug 1997, Robert Fowle wrote:

> just aquired a beautiful SX-73...need a knob, crystal vernier knob..
> also in the package was (here's where i need Doc's)
> Beckman 5424-16 freq meter (?)
> General Electric model 45R1A1 Single Sideband Selector...

If the GE unit is a metal box with just a few pushbuttons on
the front, and another box with tube shield at the end of
a cable, then it's a synchronous detector adapter. Don't
remember the more common name for them, something like "YRS".

John Costas of GE was doing some work on DSB in the late '40's
and 50's as an improvement to AM, but Collins won out with SSB.
The YRS? and the prototype receiver FRR-48 (page 117 of Moore's)
were a result of his work. I owned both when I was much younger,
but never made them work correctly.

John Kolb   KK6IL   jlkolb at cts.com