Cabinets for the R-390...

Michael Crestohl mc at SOVER.NET
Fri Aug 22 00:13:22 EDT 1997

On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, Ken Gordon wrote:

> Were there ever such things ? Will the Premier Metal Products cabinet for
> the SP-600 work for the R-390 ? Is it un-necessarily deep ?

Hello Ken:

Yes there were cabinets specifically for the R-390/390A receivers.  It is
the CY-979 tabletop case.  In fact if you look carefully at the picture of
Paul WA3VJB on the cover of the current issue of ELECTRIC RADIO you will
see his R-390A in this case.

These cases are very scarce.  I have seen two - Paul's and my friend
Nelson AA1MO in MA has one too.

Most of these receivers were mounted in racks or consoles.  The manual
called for removing the top and bottom covers when mounted in a rack which
is why the covers are scarce too.

Hope this helps.

73,

Michael Crestohl, W1RC