FWD from rec.antiques.radio+phono (fwd)

Jeffrey Herman jeffreyh at HAWAII.EDU
Mon Jun 9 15:42:37 EDT 1997

Please don't reply to me - I'm just the messenger // Jeff KH2PZ

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 04:24:38 -1000
From: Dexter Francis <dfrancis at iex.net>
To: boatanchors at theporch.com
Subject: FWD from rec.antiques.radio+phono

Subject:      Old TV manufacturing plant: must clean out
   Date:      28 May 1997 20:17:02 GMT
   From:      pschwal at orion.it.luc.edu (Patty Schwalm)
Newsgroups:   rec.antiques.radio+phono

Help! My father is selling his factory (formerly a '30's roller
rink that deserves to be restored; you should see the floor!).

He was involved in the early development of TV. He used to
manufacture television receivers in the early '50's, then
specialized in copper wire deflection yokes, degaussers,
and antennas.

The factory is filled with heavy equipment; a machine shop,
wire strippers, machines I don't know the function of. There are
great work benches (heavy metal brackets), tons of metal
desks, file cabinets, etc.  Millions of resistors/capacitors
in every size. Bakelite insulators.

Journals (_Proceedings of the Institute of Radio Engineers_)
and manuals dating from the '30's. A set of technical publications
from Sylvania (_Engineering Data Service_ 1957).

Someone must want this stuff. His foreman from another factory
is saving the more generic equipment, so it's mainly the
heavy, obsolete things, that are left. And all those resistors....8-(

Patty
Please reply to Patty - not me.

-df

*    CWest Tube Sales - P.O.B. 22443 SLC, UT 84122    *
*  http://www.usa.net/~dfrancis/CWest_Tube_Sales.html *
*              e-mail to: tubes at usa.net               *