BA SWAP LIST Ripped off

Tom Norris badger at TELALINK.NET
Tue Nov 18 15:34:29 EST 1997

>Yesterday's complaint by one of us about having been ripped off brought
>several excuses for the offender and some blame for the one who had
>gotten ripped off.

I am not going to play "moral cop" here, but would not a better way of
presenting the problem be something such as "Does anyone know how to
get in touch with Robert Fowle?" or words to that effect.

I had a similar situation a few months ago when I had promised to send a
check off for a manual copy ( very small amount ) The person who sent the
manual after not hearing from me sent a very acidic letter that did about
everything
except question my lineage. Not a simple "Have you forgotten?"
He went on and on and on.....
At the time, I was in the hospital. Had what amounted to a light stroke
brought
on by stress. And I am 35 and in good health other wise.

I was lucky that the person in question didnt post on all lists I was on
and all
newgroups the "KA4RKT is a CROOK!!! Do NOT deal with him!!!"
He didnt and offered great apology for the fit he threw, and was very nice
to me otherwise after that.

Messages do slip throught the cracks, and the message regarding the
transaction may have just gotten deleted, waiting for the "rippee" to send
said "have you forgotten" traffic.

Of course that is just my opinion. And like... errrr... elbows, most of us
have one... :-)

73

Tom

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov