Hallicrafters SR-75 Transceiver

Dave Hollander davidh at GETNET.COM
Sat Apr 4 01:00:48 EST 1998

About five years ago one of my ham friends from our local DX club
mentioned that he had a Hallicrafters SR-75. I vaguely had remembered
seeing a picture of it in my 1951 handbook in the ads. This is an S-38
receiver with a low powered xtal controlled transmitter built inside. It
looks like an S-38 from the front with the transmitter controls on the
back. He also told me that had no desire to part with it as his father
had bought it for his brother and him back in 1952.

Well at last night's club meeting, he handed me a box with the SR-75 in
it and said enjoy it, I know it is going to a good home.

First of all, how rare are these units. Anyone know how many were made? I
have only seen pictures of it in the handbook and in the Dachis book?

Second, does anyone have a schematic for this puppy?

73,

Dave N7RK

*

Dave  N7RK -  Webmaster CADXA
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#23 - 75 Meter SSB*

                 ex-N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor Collector Extraordinaire preferring Hallicrafters, National
and what ever else looks interesting!

                                  \\-//
davidh at getnet.com                 (o!o)
http://www.getnet.com/~davidh
-
E-Mail Address                                        My Home Page

Visit the Central Arizona DX Association Home page --- http://cadxa.org

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff BOATANCHORS