Collins 75S-3c for $1,200

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at MB.SYMPATICO.CA
Mon Dec 28 14:51:05 EST 1998

Hello all,

I in no way intend to denigrate any entity, corporate or personal, with
this question. It is, therefore, just a question.

A chap has bid $1,200 for a winged-emblem Collins 75s-3c, described as
mint, on eBay. Now, I fully believe in letting people pay what they wish
and have no quarrel with the auction process. It takes two to make a
transaction.

But...is this fellow sane?

Seems to me that $1,200 is more than twice what I've seen S-line stuff,
both RE and WE, on various classifieds, ba swap lists, etc.

Or am I missing something?

Again, I don't want to start a thread of eBay invectives. Buyers who get
burned on pricing on eBay have only themselves to blame for either not
understanding market value or allowing the enthusiasm of the bid process
to cloud their judgment. Tho I see that the reserve even at $1,200 has
not yet been met.

This just seems a glaring example.

73, kelly
ve4xt