Collins 75S-3c for $1,200

Mon Dec 28 15:35:00 EST 1998

No, you are not missing anything, Kelly, except maybe you've missed the
inflationary collectors' price pressure on Collins equipment recently.

The 75S-3C has commanded prices in the US$1500-$1800 range recently,
particularly with the CW filter - which I have recently seen sold alone for
US$200-$250. Don't forget, this was the premier receiver of the S-Line, with
its ability to switch in the extra crystal bank, and the extra filter
switch position.  By comparison, the 75S-3 has been selling for US$500 or so.

As you know, the pricing of this equipment will seek its own level.  The
problem I have is that much of it is going to foreign buyers - never again to
be seen in our domestic market!  They appear to be willing to pay more than you
or I think it is worth!  If prices do come down someday, we won't see Collins
gear flowing back into the US!

My opinion.....

Al - K8EUR (1957)      CCA AC98-00768
Parma, OH  44134     QCWA Life Member